Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I am so excited to FINALLY be able to post these! We LOVE you all and are so grateful for all the love and support you give us everyday. Another year has come and gone full of challenges, smiles, tears, love and laughter ( Lots of laughter). We are so blessed to find you all still here by our side. Pushing us and encouraging us. We will NEVER be able so say thank you enough for everything you do for us. This year has been AMAZING!
Matt can now speak Russian and has all these cool new survival tricks. He's found most importantly happiness and peace in what he's doing. I'm so thankful for his ability to make it possible for me to stay home and raise the kids. I find myself so humbled by the love he has for us. He has seen me in all the good times and especially the bad and still remains my best friend and greatest love. I'm Honored to have him as my eternal sweet heart. It's funny because in our line of work you here a lot about the service breaking up marriages BUT I know it saved ours. We are constantly reminded of the love that we have for each other and LOVE every minute of the time we are blessed with. Every day is an adventure filled with unlimited possibilities.
Lexi is 5 going on 13. She is full of life and an amazing amount of energy. Also so kind and so gracious. She's been such a great strength and help to me. She's attends preschool at the local elementary school where she will continue on to kindergarden next year. She LOVES her teachers and Loves her friends. She has been in trouble a few times for talking to much. Which of course she gets from me But other than that does a great job! She is a mini me so I do see some rebellion in her... BUT I'm ready.
Andy is doing just great! He LOVES cooking! Anytime I'm ready for the kitchen he's right beside me with his stole and mini whisk. He enjoys his play dates but is still very shy in large group settings. He is a carbon copy of his daddy for sure. His speech has grown in leaps and bounds since last year and has graduated from speech therapy. I can't believe how fast it has all gone by and how BIG he is now.
As for me... I keep busy! This year has been GREAT! I have learned so much about myself... the strength and courage I have. The AMAZING friends I have discovered here to help me threw. To finally know the name of what I'm actually fighting! Most importantly the faith that I have grown threw all of this.... I stand in wonder at the journey that is life. Knowing for what I lack my Savior makes up for me... and that anytime things get even remotely close to easy there is always more growth and learning to do. All I can say is that out of all my years... this was my favorite. I KNOW that whatever it might be I CAN DO IT! I hold my head high and Bravely step into the next year! I will conquer whatever is next and I will at times possibly have tears in my eyes while doing it BUT I will go to my Father in Heaven on my tender knees and he will make me strong!
As Christmas rolls around we find ourselves wishing we could be with you all. Instead we must send all of our love and best wishes for a VERY Merry Christmas and BLESSED new Year! We especially hold the soldiers in the field and their families in our thoughts and prayers. We LOVE you all and are so grateful for the sacrifices you make to keep us FREE! We LOVE YOU Bassette. and Guyer! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!










4 comments:

Jessica, Mike, Jake, and Brooke said...

you guys have some darn cute kiddos! have a great trip to d-world!!!

The Tanners said...

There is no doubt about it...I have the cutest neice and nephew in the world!

Hillary Monroe said...

Your kids are adorable, and growing so fast!
I am continuously awed by your strength, your courage, your stamina and your faith. Thank you for being my friend and for sharing your family with us. We miss you here in CA, but we're happy you have found a happy home where you're at now. You can always count on us to do what we can whenever you need a helping hand. Loves and hugs to you and yours,
Hill and fam

Deon said...

Merry Christmas!!! The kids' pictures are adorable! I'm so glad that you can be out here by us.