Thursday, October 23, 2008

A wonderful Day!

For those of you who may not know Matt is in his 10th day of "Super hero training camp"! I've been really struggling with the fact that there is no contact with him and we really don't know exactly how he's doing. So, I just think to myself that each day we don't hear from him that that should be counted as a successful day. I feel very honored and blessed that my husband is such an amazing man. That he's capable of great things when he leans on Heavenly Father. Today while I was out with the kids I received a call from some very good friends of ours. Her husband is out at "Camp" with Matt. He called her late last night to let her know about an injury that has taken him out of "The Game". They weren't sure of the extent of the injury at the time so he was unsure as to what will happen next. My heart automatically broke for them. I had to pull over and try to regain my composure. The flood gates had opened and it was very hard to close it all back up again. There family has been apart even longer than we had. She mentioned to me that she was able to speak with her husband about Matt for me. Her husband says he's a quote "Stud". Besides several very bad blisters Matt is doing well and thriving. He's made it through several of the major challenges that he was worried about. I feel very overwhelmed by the blessings that we have received since our journey began a year ago. We've been surrounded by all these amazing people who have brought strength and encouragement to our family. They've also been able to bring us comfort and peace in our times of need. I'm so grateful for all of our friends and family who have been praying so hard for his strength and success. We'll never be able to express blessed we are to have you all standing by our side. We love you all so very much! We'll let you know as son as we know how things turn out. But no matter what we have already been able to accomplish so much. We're most grateful to Heavenly father for the growth and development he has helped us to achieve. Without his love and guidance we'd be much less than we are.

4 comments:

Sean and Hillary Monroe said...

I know you two are wonderful people (and maybe someday we'll meet Matt, too!) and we miss you and the little guys. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for the update. I check for it often. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Cheryl said...

I am so pround of you guys! I wish I felt like I could do more for you or know more about what your going through. We can't wait to hear what "kind" of "super hero" he'll be b/c regardless of the out come of this "camp" I'm pretty sure we all aree that he is pretty super!

Cheryl said...

Hey gretch, you've been bag tagged. Visit my blog to knowwhat to do. :)

By the way, I like you cute new layout.

Cheryl said...

for your couples massage you could try www.massageenvy.com
Good luck, have fun, give Matt a huge Congradulations!