Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's been a Year ...

I can not believe that we have already been here in NC for a year. Where has the time gone?? We've been so blessed over that year I can hardly speak because the tears just wanna come right out! It's been so hard being away from all our Family and friends BUT it has been so rewarding to see all we've accomplished as a family. The kids and I have grown so close and rely on each other so much. The confidence and strength Matt has found nearly floors me and the women I have grown into amazes me everyday. The military can strain a marriage in so many ways but for us it has been a great way to renew and refresh. It helps you live for everyday and every moment that's for sure. We haven't even had a deployment yet! :) We are again so thankful for the courage we find everyday and the love that grows here in our home. We are thankful for the journey we've been called on as well. We've met the most amazing people and we can say WE HAVE LIVED WELL! Here is my favorite picture taken over the last year. If you look closely you'll see the tears rolling down Daddy's cheeks as he says FAREWELL A-GAIN.. to Lexi! Here's to another year... and Thank you so much Matt for having the Faith to follow your dreams!

1 comment:

Hillary Monroe said...

I can't believe it's a year, either. Seems like 10! How I miss our playdates!
But I am so glad to hear you count your blessings. So many trials have come your way that it shows such strength and courage that you choose to count your blessings instead of list all your trials over the year. Congratulations. I hope to be that strong someday!